Wednesday, December 10, 2008

FHE

So this semester my calling in my ward has been Family Home Evening mom. At first I wasn't very excited about it, but I have really enjoyed the calling. I really love and care my 'kids', which is funny because I'm the youngest one in my family.. I decided at the beginning of the semester that I wanted to be a good mom, so Nate (my 'husband') and I have planned something to do every week. Here are some of the highlights:

Homemade Pizzas


Sam and I making the dough before everyone else came
Sam is pretty much another mom to this family because she always helps me think of ideas, get stuff together, and even clean up. thanks :)


I'm sad that I don't have a picture of the pizzas when they were done, we had some pretty creative toppings, some with bell peppers, pineapple, pepperoni, mushrooms, and of course, lots of cheese. This is Jesse, Nate, Cedrick, and Patrick eating their pizza

Pumpkin Carving Competion

Sam, me, and Torrie getting started on our pumpkin

Here are the three pumpkins. The one on the right is a pumpkin 'throwing up', the one in the middle says 'boo' and the one on the left was supposed to say 'hot rod' but did not get finished.

All the pumpkin carvers

We found people out in the hallways to come inside and vote. We didn't tell them whose pumpkin was whose (to decrease bias- look at my stats kicking in) and in the end the vote was pretty close. In the end, the girls pumpkin won! :)


The winning pumpkin!

Caramel Apples


The boys putting the sticks in the apples


Dipping the caramel apples


All the apples


[almost] the whole family

ps. thanks karly for your pictures :)

3 comments:

joel and laura michelle said...

you are darling miss jessica! so happy you are loving school ... and your calling :)

Rachel said...

hey jessi!

I read your whole blog - you did a great job! what a great life... "whatta life!"

i know who i am calling for FHE ideas!

love you! -rach

Michelle said...

Good for you. You are fabulous at everything you try (except putting your hair in a weird french twist thing...you need to work on that). :)
love, love, love you