Monday, February 9, 2009

Stuck in Sundance

Last Friday we decided that we wanted to go up to Sundance to go snowboarding after class. So after class, we got some lunch, then drove up to Sundance. Sam, Erik and I drove up to the resort and met up with Blake, Darren, Justin, and Christian. It started to snow pretty hard and the snow looked like pellets (which we called Dip n' dots) and it was pretty cold. It was also pretty windy so my face was freezing so the boys were nice enough to let us use their bandannas. We felt pretty hard core haha.


Sam, Erik, and me on the lift

So we decided we'd take a few more runs and then head back home but when we finished up and headed to the car, the traffic was totally stopped. The shuttle was stuck on the way down so we got tired of waiting and decided to walk all the way up the hill carrying our boards (it was quite the workout). We got to our car and then got a call from Blake saying there was an accident so everyone was stuck there and there was no moving traffic. So we parked our car, went into the lodge and got some food at the deli, had some sandwiches and played a few card games. After about an hour we heard that the cars had been cleared but there was an avalanche that covered the road so we were going to have to wait for that to be cleared as well. So about two hours later, after a lot of card games, building card pyramids, more food, and lots of talking, we were finally able to leave. Although it wasn't quite the plan to stay a few extra hours in Sundace, overall it was still a fun day.

Darren, Blake, me, and Sam in the lodge

1 comment:

Sara said...

I wish I was stuck in Sundance with you! How fun that you get to board so much.

I haven't checked your blog in a while (for some reason it doesn't show up on my reader) and I LOVE all your posts. You are a great writer and have the most darling personality. I'm lucky to be your sister.

I love you.