Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Bride and Groom

Andrew and Carrie were married on May 1, 2009. It was almost unreal that the day actually came and that all the preparations were put into play and the wedding happened. Even though it was a rainy day in California, the wedding was BEAUTIFUL. Carrie looked gorgeous- as always- and Andrew looked handsome. It was great day.


Andrew and Carrie outside the temple



Andrew with the Bridesmaids
Me, Andrew, Meegan, and Aimee

The night of the wedding there was a wedding dinner at McCormick and Kuletos in Ghirradeli Square. The dinner was deicious and the place was beautiful. The room had an amazing view of the bay and it was great.


Dancing after the dinner

Weddings in our family have their own special traditions- including a sentimental (but most of the time random) gift and a song we change the words to apply to the Bride and Groom. So for Andrew and Carrie's gift- I gave them a roll of aluminum foil and a Chipotle gift card with the following explanation.

Andrew and I have always been really close growing up and especially since all of our siblings were married he was kinda my partner when we were all doing things together. I remember meeting Carrie and really liking her (who couldn't like her) but I have always been kinda nervous for when Andrew got married because I thought I would lose my brother. Last October when Andrew and Carrie were dating, Carrie called me and said they were going to Chipotle for Halloween because you get free burritos if you dressed up as a burrito and invited me to come. So being the poor college students we are, we drove up to Sandy, wrapped ourselfs in tin foil, and enjoyed our free burritos and had a great time. It meant so much to me that Carrie called me and invited me and it was really that night that I realized that I wasn't losing my brother but I was getting another friend- and now sister.

We changed the words to 'Lets Hear it For The Boy' to our own version of 'Lets hear it for our boy'. It's been said that Andrew doesn't just have 5 sisters but also 5 other mothers, and this is partly true. We all take pride and credit in the fact that we have all helped raise him and he has always been a great son, brother, friend, and will now be a great husband.

The reception at our house the next day

Andrew and Carrie are just perfect for each other and we are so excited for them. We are all thrilled that Carrie is a part of our family and we couldn't be happier.

Congratulations to the new couple <3

2 comments:

Life Is Golden said...

So sweet... I love you.

Carrie said...

Jess, you are so WONDERFUL and this is so fun to read! We've had some great times and I'm sure we'll have tons more. I'm so excited to have you as another younger sister because you are so kind and fun. Love you!

-Carrie