Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy Week

All throughout finals I kept telling myself how excited I was to just come home and relax, but I have to say, things here have been far from relaxing. This past week and a half have been so fun, busy, stressful, and amazing all at the same time.

My mom and I drove out of Provo on Thursday at about 3pm which made it a late arrival in California. As we were leaving I realized that my ipod was in my backpack and thought that I would just get it out at our next stop- but no, it was never needed. I think my mom is one of the few people were I could be in a 10ft x 5ft box (or car in our situation) and not get bored after 11 1/2 hours. We talked the entire way home. It was so much fun just to talk about things and catch up on things that had happened but we had not talked about because of how busy finals week had been.

Friday morning I woke up and came downstairs to an amazing surprise- my sister had come to visit with her two beautiful kids. We made a trip to the store (where I realized how nice it was to live at home since I wasn't buying the usual onions, bread, milk, and tortillas that were on my shopping list from school), went out to Murillos- my FAVORITE mexican restaurant- with my family, got some frozen yogurt, and just enjoyed being with my family.

Saturday morning my mom and I drove out to Danville to see my sister Melissa who was so kind to do my moms and my hair. When I am saying she is so nice, it is a serious understatement. Just ask her- it takes literally HOURS for her to foil my hair and I appreciate it soo much, she is a great hairstylist. We went shopping that afternoon, played with Savs at the park, then met up with my dad and had some dinner. We went to a little place under Luke's office where we played ping pong and had some delicious food. From dinner my dad and I drove to San Jose for the SHARKS game. I LOVE the Sharks (another understatement). The game was so much fun- I even got to see my friend Mark that I know from school- and best of all, the Sharks won it in overtime. It was a great day.

On Sunday Rach and Ryan came out and had dinner with us after church and the wedding prep began (well atleast for me). We trimmed the (hundreds of) flowers and put them back the buckets, folded the boxes for the favors, and moved outdoor furniture.

Monday and Tuesday I worked up at the pool for a few hours and on Tuesday my mom was so nice to take me to get my nails done. This whole week kinda blends in my head with wedding preparations, family, and eating. We went out to Green Valley with the Linebacks (Carrie's family), Chevy's with the family, and just enjoyed being all together.

The wedding was on Friday and it was beautiful. I'll have pictures and details in a later post.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Woo! Definitely just noticed I got a shout-out on your blog. It is most appreciated...I consider it an honor