Saturday, May 23, 2009

Midwest

A week after Andrew and Carrie's wedding the Linebacks were having a reception for them in Kansas. My mom, dad, and I planned on going to the reception and decided to make a week long trip out of it. Our flight left in the morning and was planned to land at 2pm in Kansas City- which would have been perfect for the 6pm reception. Of course, it didn't end up that way.. Because of the terrible weather, the Kansas City airport closed and our plane had to land in Tulsa, Oklahoma instead. After a long day of traveling with bad weather news followed by more bad news, our flight landed in Kansas City at 9pm and we finally made it to the reception a little after 10, needless to say, slightly late. The reception was beautiful and we enjoyed a great after party with delicious food and great company.

The next day we woke up and headed to the Cabelas head quarters. Cabelas is a huge outdoors store that has everything you could ever imagine. It was fun to walk around and my dad and I even got Cabelas hats :)


My parents after eating at Cabelas

After we left Cabelas we met up with Andrew and Carrie and saw some church history sights. We went to Independence and saw the visitors center there and then went to see Liberty Jail. It was a fun afternoon and it was interesting to see all these sights and learn more about what happened.

Visitors Center in Independence, Missouri



Eating chocolate covered strawberries from the reception- they were soo good!

Liberty Jail

That night we drove to Branson, Missouri where we spent the rest of the week. It reminded me of a little Las Vegas, but much cleaner.

Branson Creek Landing- this was a cute area downtown with lots of little shops and fountains next to the lake. We spent the evening walking around and watching the water show.




We also went on a lot of walks, there was a really pretty path that led up to an observation tower that looked over the Ozark mountains.

my dad and I walking up


Climbing the observation tower

My cute parents, I love the smile on my mom's face.

Picture from the top.
(it was still pretty early in the morning for me haha)

We went to a place called Silver Dollar City which was an amusement park, but everything was oldfashioned. When you walked in everyone was dressed different and you really thought you had gone back in time. The park was really pretty and it was fun just to walk around and




There was a sign about teeth, so naturally we had to take a picture by it :)
&no- my parents did not plan their matching outfits haha

my dad watching one of the shows

My mom on the cave tour



One thing that seems to be a trend on vacations is playing ping pong. We've never had a table growing up but I remember playing with Andrew when I was little and then also with my brother in laws on vacation when I was a little older. My mom, dad, and I kept the tradition and went down to the pool to play some ping pong.


My dad's champion picture


Some action shots :)

classic tickling picture.

Thanks mom and dad for such a great trip and for being so much fun, it was a great vacation.

1 comment:

Sam said...

you look so cute. i love the blonde (even though you have had it for a while haha) it looks like you had so much fun!