Monday, May 11, 2009

Sisters Weekend

The weekend after Andrew and Carrie's wedding we had our first (and definitely not last) sisters weekend. Michelle, Melissa, Rachel, and I drove to LA to stay with my oldest sister Sara. We got there late Friday night, but not too late to eat half a chocolate cake of course. There the party began.

Saturady morning we slept in, had a family favorite of bran muffins for breakfast and headed out to hike the hollywood sign.
All the girls on the way up
So someone told us about their daughter actually sneaking down to touch the sign but had to run back up because a helicopter came around with its lights. When we got to the top we sat down and talked for a while until everyone else had left. We then had the great and daring idea of going down to touch the sign.
Going under the fence to get to the sign
Running back up when an alarm- yes, there is a motion sensor alarm- went off

After the hike we went to a farmers market for lunch. They had the best food that was so cheap, especially for LA.
Melissa's food was a little spicy
Getting some produce to take home

After we got back to the apartment building we went and sat by the pool and then the fire pit.
Shelb took this picture and we thought it looked like I was throwing fire
(She's just that good of a photographer :)
We decided we all wanted to go out that night and that it'd be even more fun if we all wore Sara's dresses. So we all showered- with a strict 5 minute limit to ensure hot water and leaving in a decent amount of time- and got ready to go out.

All of us before we went out

The fountains at the Grove
Dinner at Maggiannos- my FAVORITE
Going to see the stars after dinner
Sunday morning we got up got ready for church- all in one mirror..

Then headed to the beach for a relaxing and fun afternoon.

So a little background- all of my sisters were cheerleaders in high school except for me- which would explain the following pictures..

Just some coaching
my sad attempt of a toe touch

we had fun :)
just about as good as we got

needless to say, I am not very flexible

all the girls

Monday morning we woke up at 4:30 and were out the door before 5 to get in line for tickets to the PRICE IS RIGHT!! We stood in line for an hour for our tickets then were told at 6:30 that we needed to be back at 8:00 for the 1:30 showing. We all ran home, got ready quickly and spent the morning reading magazines, talking, and snacking. Finally at 1 we got to go into the room where it was filmed. The show was great and when it was time for the last contestant to be called down we heard "Jessica Toolson come on down, you're the next contestant on The Price is Right!!!" Words can not describe how ballistic we went. We jumped and screamed and I finally ran down feeling like I had won a million dollars right then and there. I was the last contestant up and the first to bid so I didn't make it any further but it was still unreal.



All of us after the showing
Because it's so loud in there they hold up posters with the names on them so I got to keep my poster. I also won a floor lamp and a phone for being called down.


All of us in our sister #1-5 shirts.
We had people ask if we were really sisters or 'sistas'
I am proud to say they are my four beautiful sisters all from the same parents :)

My best friends.


Thank you to my four amazing, wonderful, incredible sisters for one of the best weekends of my life. I love you all.

2 comments:

Sam said...

you guys are all so beautiful. jess i can't wait to have that floor lamp in our apartment haha

Eryka Ann Hardy said...

Cute cute pictures Jess! : )