Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Family. Fun. Utah.

I am starting to love my dad taking his dental implant classes in Utah. I loved it before because it meant that my parents were coming up to visit, and now that it is summer time, it means that I get to visit Utah with them. I love Utah in the summer. First, there is no school, the weather is beautiful, and I get to see my family.

We got to Utah late Wednesday night, drove to my grandparents house, and found a container of bran muffins with a note from my grandma on the counter. She is the best. Thursday afternoon we met up with lots of friends and family at Cafe Rio. LOVE this place.

me, my mom, Grandma, Kade, Ellen, Maria, and January

Mark Sanders and me
he has lived two houses down from me since I was born- practically an older brother to me

Preston, me and Kade
My cousin Sara's adorable boys

After lunch my mom, Maria, and I drove to my Grandma's grave.
It is so pretty up there and I was so glad that I could go with my mom.

From there we headed to the Park City outlets. One of my really good friends Amy Adams met my mom, Maria, and me up there which was a blast. It was so good to see her and catch up a little. We hung out all the time last summer and had SO much fun. I miss that girl. Sadly- no pictures.

Friday afternoon we had lunch with my grandpa at P.F. Changs. We always go there with him and I love it. We even had Cold Stone after- it was quite the meal.

my cute grandpa.

After lunch I met up with my friend Ashley. We have known each other since we were little but she moved away and we were pleasantly reunited at BYU. We went the Nordstroms sale, and have to say we were pretty successful. It was so fun to just sit and talk, she is getting married in August and I am so excited for her.

Friday night we celebrated my grandma and grandpa Toolson's birthdays. They are close together so we had a birthday party for both of them :)

I am in love with this picture of them.
They are the cutest.

We had a theme of an '80 plus' birthday party so for part of their present, we all told things that we love and remember about grandma and grandpa. My mom put them all together, and stopped counting when she reached 160. Needless to say, there were definitely 80 plus things.

the pages&pages of things that we LOVE about them

Happy Birthday Grandma and Grandpa!!!

Saturday my mom, Andrew, Carrie, and I went to Seven Peaks. I love this place. I feel like I'm 12 again when I go. We use to go all the time as kids and I feel like it is just as much fun now. We rode tons of rides, relaxed, and loved Andrew and Carrie's new waterproof digital camera.

my mom, me, Carrie, and Andrew in line

Carrie and Andrew

me and my mom after Boomerang- my favorite ride

cheesin' on one of the rides with Andrew
this picture might capture how much fun I had :)

the lazy river

Andrew underwater

the lily pads.
I use to love jumping from one to the next when I was a kid.

We also took some videos going down the slides at the park, which are pretty entertaining. I'll post them soon :)

I was planning on flying home Sunday night but because of a last minute change of plans, I ended up catching a ride home with Ellen and LaNell. It was so much fun to drive with them- thank you so much! Love you guys.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Yay! So much fun to have you here. We will send you those pics this weekend- once we are in Colorado and have more time. Andrew's going to compile all of them and the videos into a zip something or another. Love you!

Carrie said...

Also, did you get an underwater camera for Cancun? You'll have a blast!

Eryka Ann Hardy said...

I so have that swimsuit. YAY!

Sam said...

so i definitely tried on that orange shirt...but in blue cuz i don't think my wardrobe can handle anymore orange (my car gets jealous too haha) but anyway...i love how we still do the same things even though i haven't seen you in FOREVER!!! i love you...it looks like you had a ton of fun. i wish you could have stayed and played with me

Ashley said...

It was SO good to see you last week. You're the best. I hope you can make it August 22nd!