Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jammin'

Ever since I was little my mom has made homemade strawberry freezer jam. It is my FAVORITE. Our family can seriously finish off a whole jar in one sitting. When Michelle was in high school all of her guy friends loved it so much that they wanted to learn how to make it. So one day over the summer they came over to join the jammin' party. Considering the amount of jam we go through in a year, it is quite the ordeal. So she taught all these high school boys how to mash the strawberries, measure out the ingredients, bring them to a boil, add the strawberries and then pour them into the glass jars. Not too far into the process, I came in saying that my arm burt because I fell on it when jumping on the trampoline. So my mom and I were off to the emergency room, where they told me my arm was broken. We came home hours later with the jam all done and lined up on the counter. This year we had our annual jam party, but it wasn't quite to that extent. My poor mom was pretty much on her own considering I was at the pool for almost 10 hours. I came home for my break to my mom in the kitchen surrounded by hundreds of strawberries, and quite the assembly line set up.
My mom doesn't mess around :)

Making my single batch of jam

My final product

12 hours later my mom had finally finshed the jam for the year, Thanks mom, its reason 834892 why you are the best :)

No comments: