Thursday, July 9, 2009

mom&me

This weekend my dad and one of his golf friends took a boys golf trip to Oregon, which left my mom and I at home all by ourselves. On Thursday I actually had the day off, so my mom and I decided to make a day out of it. We woke up and headed to the pool to go to the water aerobics class (which I always see while I am teaching lessons) then laid out at the pool after. We came home, got ready, then headed to Napa. We first went to the outlets and did a little shopping which was a blast. When we had worked up quite the appetite from all the shopping we went to Rutherford's Grill. I haven't been since my 8th grade graduation with my best friend Megan and the food was that good that I still remember it. They are famous for their ribs and the cute setting. We sat outisde and enjoyed delicious cornbread and ribs that you could eat with a knife and fork.

Yes, the cornbread was that good, it was photographed

The famous ribs


After we were suffiently stuffed with the delicious ribs we headed to Dean&Deluca. This place is another one of our family's favorites because of their apricot bars. We shared one while we were there and then of course had to get one for the road :)


love the vineyards


After Dean&Deluca we drove straight to the movie theater to see The Proposal, which was cute. I sadly cant remember the last time I have been to see a movie.

By the time we got home we were ready for our late night snack of another apricot bar..

Which was quickly devoured

Thank you mom for a fabulous day. You are truely one of my best friends. I love you.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

These pics are so cute! I'm glad you guys had fun! Can't wait to see you!

Megan Doyle said...

Jess, I was going to write on your facebook wall and I saw that you had a blog, so i went to check it out. I remember going to Rutherford's and how much fun it was, we always have fun together. I have to tell you that when I saw that you remembered that and included me in that, it really meant a lot to me. You truly are such an amazing person Jess and one of my best friends, since way back when. I miss you girl. lylas