Saturday, August 1, 2009

la vida es mejor en mexico

Every summer my family goes on vacation to Mexico but this summer because of various busy schedules and school, it was just my mom, my dad, and me. It was definitely different without the rest of the family- a lot quieter, but very relaxing. We flew to Cancun from Dallas and spent the week there.

On Sunday we were your typical American tourist. We drove into the city Cancun (our resort was in Playa del Carmen) and saw the large hotels and beautiful beaches.


We came back and my dad and I played some cards. I have so many memories playing cards with my dad on vacations. I taught him a card game called 'golf' years ago and it was an automatic favorite (I think it might just be because of the name)

His golf game is as good on the table as it is on the course...

...much better than mine

Monday
Monday morning I was thinking about how if I were at home, then I would probably be at the pool teaching torpedo glides. So my parents decided they would be my pretend swim students and practice their torpedo glides

Reading- which turned into napping- on the deck

Tuesday
the epitome of a perfect relaxing day

Wednesday
We have been to Xel-ha a few times and I think this is one of those places I could go everyday and never get tired of it. There is snorkeling, tube rides, cliff jumping, rope swings, and delicious food.
The oh-so-attractive snorkel mask

going down on the tubes

my cute parents

My dad thought it was fun to splash me, so I made him a deal that every time he splashed me, I was going to take a picture of him (he likes pictures just about as much as I like being splashed) It worked out great, he wasn't allowed to complain about pictures for the rest of the day :)

Cliff jumping:


Snorkeling

Iguana!


A couple asked us to take a picture of them, and they did a pretty funny pose-
so this was my parents imitation



The first time I took this picture, my dad wasn't smiling, so I told him to smile, and this is what he did haha

"cheers"
as Audrey&Savs would say

love the hammocks
Thursday

The cute swings at the bar by the pool

the famous pool

The pier
Friday

We spent the day in Tulum- which has the most amazing beaches. We went here last Thanksgiving on the way home from Koba and I fell in love with this beach. My dad was so nice to make the hour and a half drive "just to go to a beach" (his words exactly)

Clearly, this was not "just another beach"

my mom and me floating on the rafts

The water was unreal


under the ocean

life is better in mexico.

july25-aug1

5 comments:

melis said...

... my mom, dad and ME!!! lol

Sam said...

im sad i couldn't go with you :( but it looked like you had so much fun! i am jealous but thats alright...I'll see you soon!!

Sara said...

I SOOOOOOOO wish I was there with you guys. It looks like so much fun!

Love you!!!

Michelle said...

sad,sad, sad. I am so sad I missed it, but it looks like you had so much fun. You are beautiful!

Michelle said...

PS. Really cute pictures of mom and dad. I like the new splashing and picture taking rule. I think he owes us about 3 million pictures. :)