Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Who Knew

So many times this summer I have been so tired of working. I was tired of being kicked in the stomach when kids push off to swim, tired of having kids spit in my face when they come up for air, tired of being hit in the chin by little kid's heads, and tired of being splashed when I really didn't want to have to wash my hair for the 6th time that week. There are so many ups and downs of my job, but who knew when I finished my last swim lesson for the summer, which is probably my last summer, I would have to hold back a few tears. I really, truly love these kids. I have worked at this pool for the past three years and have seen them grow up. I have babysat them, taught a majority of them swim lessons, and in some ways, feel like they are partly mine. I can't help but to smile when they run up to me and give me huge hugs or cling to my leg, or when I talk to them during lunch and ask who their best friends are and they reply "Jessica".
So, although it may seem odd,
these ki
ds are some of my best friends.


I will miss them all so much,
& the many memories that go with this pool


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Those kids are so lucky to have you Jess. Love you